This site contains pages and blog posts about many different aspects of cognitive analytic therapy (CAT). We hope to build upon it as time goes on with the help of members, colleagues and people who have experience of CAT as a therapy. If you would like to contribute to this, please contact us.
The there is a section on CAT through others, which gives examples of CAT ideas applied through teams and in different settings.
The next section is on Finding CAT in the NHS and elsewhere.
The site also includes a range of other blogs and articles which go into different aspects of CAT in more detail. Browse through these on the articles page, or use the links below.
- CAT Maps & Diagrams
- Letters in CAT: Ending letters
- Letters in CAT: The First letter
- A Letter to Cinderella
- The Psychotherapy File – awaiting
- Six Part Stories – awaiting
- Self-Monitoring – awaiting
- The Therapy Relationship – awaiting
- Boundaries – awaiting
- Are You in the Zone For Change? (ZPD)
- Collaboration in CAT: Working Alongside – awaiting
- Enactments – awaiting
- Healthy Islands
- Observing Eye
- Patterns/Procedures – awaiting
- “Push Where It Moves” – awaiting
- Reciprocal Roles/Relationship Roles
- Relational Therapy – awaiting
- Traps, Dilemmas and Snags
CAT Evidence Base
- Adapting CAT to Help Self-Harm
- CAT Evidence Base – listing of recent research
- Research Into CAT
- Research Update: Obsessive Morbid Jealousy
- What’s it Like to Take Part in an RCT?
Relationships and CAT
- How Might Therapy Affect My Relationship?
- How Might Having Therapy Effect My Relationship? What partners and carers need to know
- CAT and Couples – awaiting
CAT and Inequalities
Am I ready for CAT?
CAT and Trauma
- CAT and Trauma – awaiting
Cognitive Analytic Therapy Around the World
Training as a CAT Therapist
- How Do I Know My Therapist is Qualified to Deliver Cognitive Analytic Therapy?
- How do I go about training as a CAT therapist? – awaiting
Adaptations of CAT in Different Settings
CAT Across the Lifespan
- CAT Across the Lifespan – awaiting
- CAT in Pregnancy and the Perinatal Period – awaiting
- CAT in Care Settings – awaiting
- CAT and Play- awaiting
- Youth CAT – CAT With Children and Young People
- CAT in Adulthood- awaiting
- CAT and Older Age- awaiting
The History of CAT
- Tony Ryle and the CAT Story – awaiting